The services of the Family Support Network of Central Carolina come in many shapes and sizes, but they share a common purpose: to give families of children with special needs the support they need to care for their children-and for themselves.
While we are grateful for the generous support of our community partners, we still rely heavily on private donations to offer our services, and to increase our outreach to outlying counties. Your donation to the FSNCC will touch the lives of many families whose children have been born prematurely or diagnosed with a disability, chronic illness, or other special need.
All of our services are provided at little or no cost to families. Monetary donations are used to offset the costs of our many services. Non-monetary contributions are also important: donations of food, beverages or paper goods are very helpful in enabling us to sponsor our social events.
Ways to Contribute:
Thank you for considering a donation to Family Support Network of Central Carolina. Support from community agencies and individuals like you are essential to our efforts. Together, we are creating a better community for our region’s most exceptional children and families. The Family Support Network of Central Carolina is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.You can contribute to our organization in a variety of ways:
- Donate a used car or truck. Click here to learn how to make a tax-deductible donation of a vehicle you no longer need.
- Support Elizabeth's Closet. Donations of new or gently used baby items and equipment help us to stock our storehouse of supplies for families in need who are bringing their babies home from the NICU. You may consider organizing a diaper drive through your church or another organization. To view our Wish List of the items most urgently needed for families leaving the NICU, please visit the "How Can I Help?" section under our NICU services tab.
- Adopt a Frog. Please help! Our supply of Frogs is critically low at the moment. Yes, you read right! A Frog is a beanbag positioning aid that's shaped like one of those amiable amphibians. Originally designed by a NICU nurse, a Frog helps with comfortable positioning of a premature baby. The Frog may be placed around the infant's head, neck or hips. It can be adjusted for special positioning needs, or used as an extra set of hands, giving the infant a snuggled feeling. For each donation of $15, FSNCC can purchase a Frog for an infant in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit who needs one. Please select the $15 tab under Donations to make a Frog Donation.
- Support our Annual Pledge Drive. We depend on proceeds from this drive to plan for many of our programs and services throughout the year - and in these tough financial times, your donations are more critical than ever. This is a perfect opportunity for you to support our organization with a gift in any amount. Please go to the Donation tab to make a secure online donation.
- GoodSearch for us. Have you made GoodSearch your home page? When you do, you'll be helping the Family Support Network of Central Carolina every time you conduct an internet search. To support us with an individual search, click here and enter Family Support Network of Central Carolina in the "Who Do You GoodSearch For?" window. To make GoodSearch your home page and support us with every search, click here and follow the simple instructions.
- Purchase an item from our Amazon Wishlist. Please click here, & consider purchasing an item from our wishlist which contains items that are beneficial to our NICU program as well as our recreational events for families!
- Are you an Amazon.com Prime member? If you answered "yes", please take a minute to designate FSNCC as your charity of choice. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. To sign up, click here.
- FSNCC Board Member and knitting blogger Greg Cohoon has designed a pattern for knitted preemie hats. This pattern -- Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat -- is available for sale, with all proceeds being donated to FSNCC. Greg became a knitter after his daughter received some preemie hats during her stay at the NICU as a result of being born 10 weeks prematurely. Since then, Greg has had a special fondness for preemie hats and the joy they bring to families of children in the NICU. Greg designed a simple hat pattern that is perfect for using up scraps of sock yarn that so many knitters tend to have lying around. The pattern contains instructions for both a basic plain version and a version with a lace heart motif. The pattern is $3. http://www.ravelry.com/redeem/knitting-daddy-designs?code=BLUEBERRY Read more about the Scrappy Sock Yarn Preemie Hat on the KnittingDaddy.com blog: http://www.knittingdaddy.com/2015/04/08/scrappy-sock-yarn-preemie-hat/
You can also support us through the United Way or the State Employees Combined Campaign.
United Way: We receive donations through the general campaigns of both High Point and Greensboro and are also listed in the Guilford County United Way Campaign Booklet for City and County Employees. Our designation code for the City/County Employees Campaign is 6090.
SECC: We are now part of the NC State Employees Combined Campaign. If you are a state employee or know people who are, please consider designating Family Support Network of Central Carolina as the recipient of your donation. Our SECC code number is 3546.
You may also mail your donation to:
Family Support of Central Carolina
801 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408
Thank you so much for supporting our programs and services!